Wednesday 22 March 2017

Just when you thought it was safe to come out of the water...

Another day, another day of head down, keep mouth firmly shut.

It's been a week of-well, almost a holiday, because I have no hospital appointments this week. None. It's been seven years, and this is about as rare as finding hens' teeth. Bearing in mind last week's dealing with food poisoning, followed closely by witnessing what may (or may not) have been a racially motivated confrontation, I'd say this has been an okay week. So far. But it's only Wednesday, so anything can happen. Cynic? Moi?

I told my friend in Ireland about the two women on the bus-and she said that it happens everywhere, that people have a chip on their shoulder, or they're feeling like they are entitled to be special-or they're just batshit crazy (she said crazy. I added the "batshit"). I seriously doubt that anyone in his right mind would say the word they alleged that he said-on a packed bus, with children present, and two clearly mentally disturbed people standing there, just obviously looking to start a fight.We all saw it-and, wisely, nobody said anything. Nobody wants to be stabbed, and that happens here all the time.

That did teach me something, however. It showed me that I must never call anyone who crashes into me deliberately (and you would be surprised how often that happens. I should be wearing body armor) an imbecile. Who knows who is armed, or who will just turn around and punch me in the face? I like my face the way it is, thanks. So I must show more restraint and just deliver a filthy look, without the verbal abuse, regardless of how much it is deserved.

And-it's back to the gym, no more goofing off. In July I get retested, and I really want to be a lot further on than I am now.

You'll like this (but not a lot). Last week I was early for my infusions, and I was just turning the corner of the clinic when the Anti-Christ came around the corner with his patient. We looked at each other and said good morning. Personally, I would rather have spat in his eye, but I think that I'm beyond that now (hopefully).

Bucky Buckland complained about the blog in an effort, I think, to have me thrown out of the Royal Free, too-but he failed miserably. Apparently I'm very popular in the clinic, and the staff like treating me-or so I'm told. They, of course, haven't seen me go for the jugular, which I did with Bucky, who absolutely deserved it. So I can afford to smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment