Thursday 17 March 2022

Sometimes Life Just Sucks

 Years ago, someone wrote a book-which he started with "Life is difficult". Is that the understatement of the year, or what? His book was all about the benefits of psychotherapy, as I recall, and was quite boring, because that's all he had to say. He sold millions, then croaked. So his life was no longer difficult. And his next of kin, whoever inherited his millions-well, their lives weren't difficult, either.

I know. I'm such a cynic. I prefer to call myself a realist-and a pragmatist. Some people just call me a prat.

But there are times when everything you see, or touch, or involve yourself in-just turn to shit. So life then really does suck. It's been that sort of month for me. Storm Eunice (what a name, no wonder she was in such a bad mood), and I went out anyway, fell, and very nearly broke my back. I've spent the past four weeks lying on a heating pad; seems that I've cracked my sacrum, and done a lot of soft tissue damage, and (to add insult to injury) damaged my coccyx. No massive fractures, though. I'm really very, very lucky. So maybe I'm not such a prat and life doesn't suck after all...

Anyone who is awake will know that all our utilities are going to be much more expensive from the first of April. This is due to a shortage of fuel, and the fact that gas and oil are primarily supplied by Russia. And we all know about Russia. Why someone doesn't go over there and take out Putin-that psychopath, and war criminal, and general piece of crap, is a mystery.

I just received notification that my gas and electricity are going to double from the first of April. Double. I can't imagine what people with families, and houses, are going to go through. All over the country, people are asking the government how they are going to survive. Do they feed their families or do they have heating and electricity? Many can't do both. I've got a one bedroom apartment that's so small you couldn't swing a cat (if you seriously wanted to swing a cat. Or anything. It's just a saying, duh!). 

Now add to the utility prices doubling for everyone, the price of petrol is going sky high. So if you want to fill your gas tank, you just about have to take out a second mortgage. The prices of public transport (trains, buses, London Underground) are-you guessed it-going sky high, too. What does the government say? Walk. And what does the government do? Give all the MPs and local counsellors huge pay raises. Why? Have they earned them? Hell, no-they're just greedy. It's a disgrace. 

And, in case you're living in another country and reading this - feel absolutely grateful that you aren't living in this country. It's in a terrible state. And food prices are rising dramatically, too. This isn't because of Russia, it's because the demand is high, supplies are expensive, and everything went kaput for the past two years. Pay more and get less, is the saying now.

So there's the dismal state of affairs over here. Braindead Boris must be happy as can be because of the Ukrainian war; it takes people's minds off the fact that he is a crook, a despicable excuse for a human being, and should be kicked out of Downing Street at the earliest opportunity.

There isn't much to say about the Ukrainian war-except that Putin and all his allies should be arrested and tried for war crimes. Everyone did too little-and too late. Innocent people are dying, and Nato is doing nothing. In fact-sanctions are bull. They don't work against a homicidal maniac who fancies himself as the tsar. 

If Hillary had been elected, she wouldn't have stood for this. She would have been in front of Putin and would have stood on his head. That is something I would like to have seen.

Now you're pretty much up to date. And, since it's a bright, sunny day (for once), I'm going out and going to Starbucks. In April, it might be a different story altogether.



No comments:

Post a Comment