Friday 4 April 2014

Ah for another holiday!

I wanted another holiday-but this one isn't what I planned. I'm on my way into the hospital for two weeks of intravenous antibiotics-and I will do my best to stop them from killing me this time!

The builders finally finished-two days ago, would you believe! And they left a mess that will take weeks to clean-after I get out of the hospital, that is. They painted everything in sight: the microwave, the oven, the hob, the fridge, the floor...you name it, they painted it. And the sad thing is that I wasn't even surprised. After all, this is a country that welcomes the brain-dead, rude, nasty, obnoxious, functionally illiterate...I wonder how some of the people I've met ever made it past puberty. It never ceases to amaze me. Really-come here and if you have an IQ that moves into single figures you will feel better than anyone else. In fact, you will be better than anyone else!

I did hide my laptop under the bed to avoid all the dust and debris-but somehow that didn't happen, either. So I wanted to do a quick post just to let you know I am still alive-but I go back to the Royal London, so how long that will be the case is anybody's guess.

They will start me on antibiotics tonight; tomorrow I am going to sneak out as and when I'm able to find an internet café so I can catch you up on the past two weeks. I will say this: I took the job as social justice driver for the Unitarian Church, and we have joined a pressure group called London Citizens. I went on a five day leadership course-so I haven't been bone idle-and now I remember the three pieces of advice my mother gave me (actually, two were from my mother and one was from my granny, who was always the wise one).
1.  Always wear clean underwear, you never know when you will get run over (I did listen to this one)
2. Never volunteer for anything (big, big oops! At my age I should know better!)
3.And from granny: do your squats every day, religiously. If you do no other exercise, do squats. That way you will never have to sit on a public toilet.

Not much anyone can say to the last one, is there? I must have the strongest leg muscles in North London (maybe the world).

More later. Ciao-I'm off to speak "medical idiot".




No comments:

Post a Comment