Thursday 24 April 2014

How to Speak Idiot - Part 3

I got out of the hospital on Good Friday-still alive, so it really was a good Friday.

My total of cannulas was eight. Number 7 broke the vein on Thursday night, and the docs wouldn't let me off with two less doses of antibiotics, so on Friday morning another cannula was inserted. I don't have any good veins left, so I'd better stay healthy-who knows what veins they will be searching for if the ones in both arms don't recover...

I had a severe reaction to something on Friday night-probably the accumulation of what the hospital considers "food"- and my arm became very swollen and I was in terrible pain everywhere. So I decided to go to bed. I rang my sister to tell her I'm still alive-and that was it, I was flat out until yesterday. I did get up to clean the kitchen, do laundry, go out and buy real food-but apart from that, I stayed home. My balance (such as it is) and vision (ditto) paid the price for the strong medication, and I felt like I had regressed two years-I was crashing into things and falling over. So bed was the best place for me.

I went out yesterday-just for a short walk-and some fat Neanderthal crashed straight into me and nearly knocked me in front of a bus. "Sorry, love", he said-I so wanted to call him a fat brain-dead Neanderthal-I really had to hold my tongue. These days, biological males seem to love beating up women-especially the ones who aren't able to fight back. I wonder if this popular, female-hating behavior exists across the Atlantic. I would be very depressed if it is happening so often there, too.

This country (Britain) was founded on genocide, slavery, racism, elitism and cruelty. Americans tend to either not know this fact or forget the world history we learned in school. Since the first person whacked someone weaker (a bigger club, no doubt) and declared himself king, all kinds of abuse have been the state of play here. I see it all the time-not just with the fat Neanderthal, but in other ways, too. Yesterday on the news there was a story about students coming to school with weapons: knives of all sizes, clubs-and axes. Axes? Who brings an axe to school-and where does one hide it? Teachers are afraid to say anything to the students because students will just stab (or beat) them.

I can't help but wonder where societies went so wrong-how did things get so out of hand? And why is it that Americans seem to think that this country is like something out of Four Weddings and a Funeral or Downton Abbey? The myth of British politeness, manners, intelligence-that is a myth, and nothing could be further than the truth. And the only way people will get this is to hear it from someone who has lived here for many years-not some rich actress who names her child after a fruit, or some fading pop star with a fake English accent, but someone who has been part of the workforce for years, and who has had her eyes opened (sadly) to the way things really, truly are. It's sad but true that this country has gone down so far down the toilet that all it needs is one final flush. Even my very English friends (I do have those-but they obviously don't know about this blog!) admit this fact freely.

Do I feel the slightest bit guilty about taking the mickey out of the Brits? Aw, hell, no, not a bit. I just tell it like it is-someone has to do that, or the myth lives on. These guys are the products of centuries of inbreeding, they are descended from a long line of thieves, rapists, murderers and lunatics-and that is just the royal family, sucking the life blood out of the taxpayers while people are dying, waiting for transplants and medication they will never get. We think the American system is unfair-and it is, because if it was the least bit fair I would be able to go home and get treatment I need at home, and beat it out of this dump so fast the door wouldn't hit me in the backside on the way out. But life isn't like that, so here I remain, telling you what is happening here so that you all know the truth.

And now it is nearly a week since I got back, and life begins to return to something that looks like normal. Honestly, I didn't even hit the Kettle Chips since I got out - I had so much while I was inside that I am more than a bit chipped out. I did have a lot of chicken soup, though. My friend tells me that chicken soup cures just about everything. I had so much chicken soup this past week that I am in serious danger of laying an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment