Saturday 8 August 2015

It's down to the wire-who says I'm terrified?

Someone once said that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. How very true!!

I left everything to the last week-and then discovered that there was no last week. I discovered that I had to be at the hospital every day for intravenous antibiotics, and for the all-important immunoglobulin. Wonderful. I sat in the day clinic for eleven hours, and then it took ages to get home-and there was a rail strike, to make matters worse. I really felt like the anti-destination team was out in force this week. So-everything almost got done. Almost.

My friend came down for a couple of weeks-she knows how apprehensive I am about surgery, so she will be staying - and cooking! Wahoo, cooking. Hospital food is nothing but noxious, and the last thing I want to do is develop food poisoning this close to the operation. And-it's a case of quid pro quo, because she wants to go away for Christmas, and I said I would go north and have a little holiday myself. In the cold. And wet. No matter, because I like cold weather. So we're both happy.

The video will have to wait until I am back from the hospital, which is a bummer, but I just ran out of time. That will teach me to procrastinate!

Will I let the hospital thing go? Will I walk away, now that I have smashed (hopefully) a few reputations? Seriously?? Short answer: of course not!

Time to go. Fingers crossed, and all that. My friend overseas called me last night and wished me luck-and said that I will have a new nickname: tits. Cute, don't you think? Made me smile...

As what's his name said: I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment