Saturday 30 November 2013

Return of the Rabbit - Yay!!

This is the season of excess: too much food, too much drink, and too much of just about everything!

A very belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I would have posted this on Thursday, but I was busy eating. And drinking champagne (to celebrate being alive and reasonably well-for my age, they tell me!). In fact, I also celebrated last night, because Reverend Andy and his wife Miriam invited the Americans in the congregation for a Thanksgiving dinner. So-more food, and lashings of wine. So I did it all over again-shame on me (it was fun, though)!!

If I keep eating I will either explode or I will be the size of an aircraft carrier and the only way I will be able to get into the house is if I'm hoisted by a forklift. Ewww.

I spent all this time (since the last post) with this nasty flu, or chest infection, or whatever was rattling around my chest and making it sound like a set of conga drums. I was worried that the antibiotics wouldn't fix it and I would be in for yet another hospital stay-but, happily, that didn't happen. And I was very grumpy, because I realize that the problem is: other people are breathing.

If other people would just stop breathing, I would never get sick. They cough, they sneeze, they spit (really disgusting), and if they are this gross outside, I would hate to ever visit them at home. I would have to wear gloves and a mask, and carry a truckload of disinfectant before I would even come within a hundred yards. If I could get away with wearing gloves and a mask in public (and not look like Michael Jackson), I would. But I would probably be beaten up. So forget it. I just carry a lot of Purell in my bag. If it's good enough for hospitals, it's good enough for me!!

Ah, we need people to stop breathing. There would be no more Guardian readers. Or obnoxious people. Or the typical population (brain-dead). And no more people from Essex!!!

Some people dream about winning the lottery. Others dream about winning the Nobel Prize. I dream about ridding this country of 98% of the population. It would be - well, not so bad then!! Oh, well...

I was thinking about Guy Fawkes, who tried to blow up Parliament in 1604. Well, he tried. And failed. And was captured. And tortured. Anyone who is a history buff will know that the Brits -when it comes to inflicting torture (past and present) - make Guantanamo Bay look like a vicar's tea party, or a day at the beach. And they have the nerve to slag us off? The words "pot", "kettle" and "black" spring immediately to mind.

The way this country is going, we need a good clear out in Parliament. People say Guy Fawkes was (almost) a hero. But he got caught. And tortured. And executed. And he failed. What a dumb ass!!!

I'm happy that I am still here - well, "here" meaning alive, not "here" here, if you know what I mean (I know, the lapse in grammar and syntax are, I promise, only temporary!). I would love to be back Stateside. It might not be perfect (that's obvious!!), but it beats this dump by a mile.

Now that Britain is part of the European Union, everyone is coming in from everywhere. Some people do work-but a lot go straight to the dole office to claim benefits, homes, medical care-and people who actually were born here are starting to create a fuss. That is unusual for the British: to start shouting about their rights, and start asserting themselves. I hope it isn't too late. I came here and started to work almost immediately, and I have worked since, all the way up to the gentamicin disaster, which rather finished my work life (and nearly finished me off). So I can appreciate the resentment, although I just keep my head down and my mouth shut. It took me long enough to learn how to do that!!

In America, we call people who don't want to work and deliberately live off the people who do (the taxpayer) "parasites". Here, they call them "royalty".

What a strange world we live in!!!!

A belated Happy Thanksgiving. An early Merry Christmas. Unless something untoward happens, I am back (I shouldn't really say that-but I'm doing it anyway!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment