Thursday 14 March 2013

It's a heatwave!

Yesterday we had snow. Today we have 45F-or, allegedly, will have temps up to 45F this afternoon: a veritable heatwave. Then it goes cold again. If there was a place that is peaceful, quiet, remains sunny and around 20C (68F) all year around, only rains when we are asleep...I would go there. Of course, so would everyone else!!! Nice dream, though.

Sunday's church excursion got me thinking-of course, what else do I have to do, anyway? I'm still mystified as to how (and why) atheists want to go to a church...I'll be returning on Sunday to find out. My interest has been piqued. And-for two years and eight months I have found it difficult to be interested in much of anything, with the exception of remaining upright so I don't fall in front of a moving bus. In that sense, church has helped me-go figure!!

I did go back to the optician yesterday. I thought Talia would have a coronary when she saw me complaining about these glasses. But-at more than £500 (much more!), they need to be absolutely right. So the woman who sold them to me is having them fixed. It will be another week without glasses, which is a nuisance, but at least I should (allegedly) be able to read without twisting my head around to near breaking point.Hooray.

I thought that time was just dragging by-but, in fact, it seems to be moving at something approaching warp speed. It will soon be Easter, and I will probably have my knee surgery shortly thereafter. It will be really painful-but in a few months time I should be in a lot less pain. And I need to be able to walk without falling over and injuring that knee again. Practice, I guess.

I am seriously considering going public and contacting the newspapers about Bart's. I haven't quite got there yet-and I don't even know if there will be any interest. What I do know is that I have been stuck for more than two and a half years, and now I have to unstick myself. Nobody can do it for me. Those three or four sessions with Dr. Weirdo didn't help me at all-except to prove to me that I am more sane than he is, and that I can be my own therapist. And I won't even have to travel!!

It is now March, and there are all kinds of events going on. The Tate has exhibitions, there is something called Tiger Tracks at St. Pancras-in an effort to save the 1,500 tigers still alive in the wild from becoming an extinct species-and I am going to that this week to see what information is being offered.

I feel a bit badly: I am sitting on my posterior in North London and people are destroying the planet even as I sit here. It's that cornerstone of life again: life is unfair. But-people are trying to do something, and if enough people get in there and make enough noise, perhaps we can save something...or am I just being the eternal optimist?

No comments:

Post a Comment