Thursday 28 February 2013

I might never walk upright again...and other tales

Yesterday, I decided to walk-a lot. I put my pedometer around my neck, and I walked and walked-and walked. I thought my legs were going to fall off, I walked so much. I think the orthopedic surgeon would be proud of me.

It turns out that I walked 11,500 (give or take a few) steps-only that translates to only 4 miles. Four miles!! Two and a bit hours (not all at once). Was it worth it?

Well, if I keep doing the torture every other day (I need to recover on the other days!), I should be at least a little stronger by the time they decide to fix my knee. Either that or I will be extremely short, and possibly dead from the exertion.

I decided mid-hill (I do my best thinking when I am trying to breathe and climbing a huge hill at the same time) that I would change the ring on my phone. And this all came about because I decided that it's time to change my life, to shake things up a little, and to absolutely refuse to waste any time thinking about the past-and to refuse to spend any more time with people who are also useless-and boring.

So my phone doesn't ring: it barks. Really-I trolled through all the ring tones-mine was formerly a boing- and decided on a bark. Now it sounds like there is a barking dog on my chest (I carry my phone in a phone pouch when I'm out and about, so don't get too nervous about me hiding an animal in my coat!! LOL!!!).

I'm slowly beginning to return to the exercises I stopped doing several months ago. I think I probably gave up then-because I was that down, and I was beginning to think I'd hit my limit.

Not so. While I was doing my route march yesterday, I held my stick off the ground, and I started looking to the right and then left, and up and then down-all the things I was doing when I was stuck in the house for two years. And I realized that things are a bit easier. I'm not falling over so often, and I can catch myself (usually) before I smack into something (like, for instance, a wall).

I'm on the mend, and it has taken two years and seven months to reach this point. It has been very difficult, and has really challenged my patience (which, as we all know, is nonexistent!!).

If I get bored, I can always call my mobile and listen to my phone bark. What the heck-I absolutely need to get out more!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment