Thursday 14 February 2013

The Iceman Didn't Cometh (again)

Well, we were supposed to have ice and snow-and then it was supposed to warm up. It skipped the ice and snow part, went for rain instead, and warmed up to a whopping 52F. Lovely-ish.

I had to go to the Royal London today. It seems that people are supposed to watch and supervise my infusions once a year-and suddenly the nurses discovered that they haven't watched me since 2009! Now that is what I call a definite OOPS!! So, I went along, did my thing, and discovered that there is some new equipment-or, rather, some old equipment, but I didn't know about it because I haven't been infusing at the hospital for years. Now I get to have the new stuff-or, rather, the old new stuff-the next time I get my delivery (in about five weeks). Happy days.

Really, life isn't so bad. I have to deal with Bob the Builder upstairs, but I have done all I can do about him - short of violence - and, since he isn't worth jail time, I will just have to draw a line under the whole thing, avoid him like a case of measles, and learn to live with noise. Everyone I know has a sad tale about noisy neighbors from Hell-and so many stories are much worse than mine. I need to learn to leave these things and move on with life.

My balance, of course, has suffered badly-from the mystery chest infection I've had since November (nobody has any clue as to its origin), the weather (which has been dreadful-except for ducks), and enough stress to kill ten people. I'm used to stress; I need to lessen it, and that means I need to take all the annoying stuff and just look at it and ask myself if I will still be in the situation in five years.

I've clearly got a lot of work to do! And I want to be stick-less by the first week in August-which will be three years since the gentamicin-and I want to be driving by then (like a normal person-in this country, that means terrible!!). I need to move on and get a life-a better one than I've got now, and a much better one than I've had for more years than I can remember.

Watch this space: I've hibernated long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment