Tuesday 10 April 2012

And another thing: invisibility is impossible










































I got a comment from someone I haven't seen since the year they invented the wheel: I was in high school then (it really wasn't that long ago, it just feels like it was that long ago!!).

Apparently this bloke (who shall remain forever anonymous) discovered my blog from someone else who knew me way back when. You see? The internet makes it nearly impossible to remain invisible, to hide out, to retain any sense of anonymity.

This will make you laugh-and it most certainly is not a Mrs. Robinson moment, since he is a year older than I am. He wrote that he was "madly in love with me" when we were both 15, and he has thought about me many times over the years. He would like to get in touch. Eek-do I remember him? No. Will I write back? Er...no. I've reached the point where I need the past to remain in the past. I do keep in touch with friends who are important to me - but someone from the Jurassic Age? What is up with that? I did smile, though.  And I'm so glad I don't have Skype!!





































































No comments:

Post a Comment