Thursday 12 April 2012

And one more thing!!

I don't feel sorry for myself because I had such a brutal childhood. Everything that happened made me stronger, and more independent. I had no choice but to have my own back!!

When someone tells me that things are impossible-I ask them to consider the fact that most things ARE possible. When you end up in deep doodoo, and nobody seems to be there to help you, you have to learn to help yourself. If I had given up - and so many times I wanted to give up, even before the "event" 86 weeks ago, I wouldn't be here now.

I refuse to quit, regardless of how awful life is at times, and how tempting it is to roll over and stick my legs in the air and give up. I might spend the rest of my life on my own, but at least I live with someone I trust. And I have a very good, close friend who follows this blog, and whom I trust implicitly, even though we are thousands of miles apart. I'm so lucky! Not everyone can say that. I'm like the Energizer bunny: I just keep going! I want to live to 100 and be a pain in the a** to the people in my family who are still alive.

The best revenge is a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment