Thursday 18 October 2012

And another thing I've learned

I thought about what I've learned so far. I don't just mean that, at the worst possible second, I suddenly develop a cold sore that looks like I've got some dreadful disease!!

My friend NJ said once that bad things happen to good people. I think that's true, even though all the trendy books say that we generate the energy to pull things to us - blah, blah, blah. Those are clearly written by people who have never had any traumatic experiences in their lives-and they get very rich after writing such stuff.

Whatever! It stops being so important to place blame, and to be angry about who did what to whom, when, why, etc. I think it's more important to take risks-and that's what I've been doing. I hemorrhaged my savings (because I'm not able to work yet, so that's how I support myself) to get here; it's very important and very special, after the two years I've had just surviving and not living.

I can now honestly say that my epitaph should read "she lived". Oh, and don't write that yet, because I plan on being around for a long, long time!!!

On my way to JFK in an hour-so ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment