Thursday 25 October 2012

This isn't goodbye - it's see you later!

It's a dreary day. It's as if New York was smiling when I arrived, but is sad to see me leave. I know that is my imagination-but it makes me feel good, so what the heck!!

I'm packed and ready to go-and in a few hours I will be waiting at JFK. It's a long trip, and I am already wanting to stay here. As I said previously: the grass is always greener somewhere else.

The idea was for me to reward myself with a birthday trip home-and also to reward myself for the two year ordeal I have just come through. It was about pushing my boundaries, seeing if I could live a better life, regardless of the circumstances in which I find myself.And that is exactly what I did!

I laugh at the people who say that, whatever the circumstances, whatever the disabilities or challenges, we must face them and move forward; these are the guys who say, yeah, but really, you wouldn't want to go back and change anything. They've never had real problems. They are delusional. Probably completely nuts. Definitely on Prozac.

Would I change everything if I could go back in time and change it? You betcha!! But I can't - and this trip has shown me that I can both survive and thrive, regardless. One thing I have learned the hard way: I've learned to cultivate the one trait I seem to have been born without: patience!!!!

I want my 80% now. Oh, well- I'm getting there. And I'm going to save for another trip back as soon as I can get here. And I'll do it.

I did well these two weeks-so I know that I can do just about anything. Like the man said, I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment